Saturday, November 29, 2008

New Mini!!!

In another life, I would be blogging about the shortbread Christmas trees I just made, which turned out exactly how I wanted them to, but this is a whole new life! And we have a whole new mini!

Some "friends" of mine seem to think that I have no ability at all to create a card from scratch, that all I can do is copy other works of art out there in the stamping world. There is actually a little bit of truth to that, so armed with my new mini, and my new favourite stamp set, I worked hard to come up with my own creation.

I started off with Eastern Blooms and I picked out one of the beatiful ribbons I found at the craft show at Canterbury last month. I decided I didn't care what else happened with the card, but I had to use those two things. The colours that matched the ribbon best were Rose Red, Blush Blossom and Perfect Plum. I think I really like this combo! It's quite pink, which I really like because my cards so far haven't used much pink. I'm also excited because I am about to order the Rose Red ribbon in the mini, so now I will have one less combo to think about.

So what do you think dear friends? Does this meet with your expectations?!?!

Cardstock: Blush Blossom, Perfect Plum, Rose Red, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Eastern Blooms, Hero Arts sentiment
Ink: Blush Blossom, Perfect Plum, Rose Red
Ribbon: from Craft Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment