Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Boxes

For Christmas, I always like to make some sort of hand-made goodies - things like baileys balls, or caramel fudge or coconut ice. I have always made an attempt to wrap them somewhat nicely and Christmassy, but this year I had a distinct advantage because I have discovered Stampin' Up and SplitCoastStampers!

This year I was intent on making shortbread. I absolutely love shortbread, but I have never found a recipe that was just right. A couple of weeks before Christmas I typed "traditional scottish shortbread" into google, and this recipe came up. It is perfect! It's just the type of shortbread I was looking for! It doesn't use any rice flour, or any icing sugar, so it's not too soft and it has that grainy, traditional feel to it. This is now my go-to shortbread recipe. But I digress....this is a stamping blog after all!

I made a test batch of the shortbread with my favourite Christmas tree cutter, then I measured up 6 or 7 trees together and created the template for the box, based on this one from splitcoast. I ended up making about 10 of them for family and friends and I used a variety of ribbon and paper. The one in the picture uses Holiday Harmony DSP, Old olive cardstock, and purely pomegranate ds ribbon. The stamp on the tag is from one of the new Sale-a-bration sets which are coming up in January. Woohoo! Have a workshop and get free stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment