Saturday, February 21, 2009

Garden Whimsy



Can anyone tell me how it is that I have made it through the first 6 months of my Stampin Up life without Garden Whimsy?! I've had it for a whole 2 days now, and I love it so much I have already churned out 5 cards with it.

I also got the colour wheel, and I have to say, when I first looked at some of the combinations, I thought that I had well and truly wasted my money. But now that I have actually used it, I love it as well! The pink/plum/sage is my new favourite colour scheme. (Expect to find that everywhere because I happen to have stock of all those colours.)


I tried to use the rock and roll technique on the card above but I couldn't quite get it to look how I wanted it to. I ended up inking the middle of the card with summer sun and then sponging ruby red around the edges. It seemed to give a better blend. I was quite happy with how this turned out. Even my husband liked this one!


Stamps: Garden Whimsy, Short and sweet

Cardstock: Elegant eggplant, summer sun, ruby red, whisper white

Ink: elegant eggplant, summer sun, ruby red, garden green

Accessories: elegant eggplant grosgrain ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment