Monday, February 9, 2009

Where to get ideas...........


Notice any eerie similarities between those two cards? Check out the middle card on page 85 of the catalogue. Spooky!!! Actually, not really. Just very uncreative on my part!

One of the most common things I get asked at workshops is "how do you come up with the ideas?" I also hear comments like "I could never think of anything to do". This is how I quite frequently feel, so I just CASE (copy and share with everyone) from all the bountiful stamping resources we have around us!! And the very best place to start looking is your catalogue. It's full name is Idea Book and Catalogue, because that's just what it is!

I went to a demonstrator team meeting a few months ago, and the ever-talented Marelle demonstrated a card using the ocean commotion set. The colours and stamps were different, but the layout was almost exactly the same as the middle card on page 85 of the catalogue. It really showed me just how useful and flexible the catalogue really is, and it inspired me to make the two cards you can see here.

It required minimal thought on my part to come up with two cards which are totally different! One is very feminine (so not me) and one is very kid-ish (no comment). I love them both and neither cost me any creative juices!!!

Other places to check out for inspiration are http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/, (it would take years to get through everything on that site!) and also the blogs of other demonstrators (links are in the sidebar).

So really, there are no excuses! Get stamping!

Stamps: wild about you
Cardstock: real red, wild wasabi, brilliant blue, only orange
Paper: east coast prep
Ink: brilliant blue, real red, wild wasabi

Stamps: polka dot punches
Cardstock: regal rose, certainly celery, blush blossom
Ink: certainly celery, versamark
Other: Half-back pearls, elegant eggplant ribbon, so swirly jumbo wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment